We believe that shopping online should offer the same peace of mind as buying from a high street store. Therefore, we work hard to provide a comparable service to protect you and your purchases, while keeping the benefits of shopping online.
The DWI In House Warranty, warrants the product to operate according to the manufacturer's specifications for the period as mentioned below after the invoice date.
Digital Cameras, Digital SLR Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, Lenses, Flashes, Mobile Phones, Tablets, Computers, Audio Items, Watches and Image Viewers are all covered by a 12-month warranty unless otherwise stated in their product descriptions.
Should you require your item for warranty service under the warranty period, and hence includes the shipping and return shipping time as well as the repair duration. The duration of such inspection and repair of a product can take up to four weeks. To avoid all the hassle from you, DWI will provide courier service to pick up the item(s) from your delivery address marked in your order (unless otherwise specified) and return the item(s) back to us for warranty handling.
For more details and exclusions on our warranty, please refer to and below Terms & Conditions.
DWI In House Warranty Terms & Conditions:
The DWI In House Warranty once paid for, warrants the item(s) you purchased to operate according to manufacturer's specifications for the period as stated above from the date of Invoice. Digital Cameras, Digital SLR Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, Lenses, Flashes, Mobile Phones, Tablets, Computers, Audio Items, Watches and Image Viewers are all covered by a 12-month warranty unless otherwise stated in their product descriptions. Upon dispatching your order, we will start to provide you with cover for your item(s) as stated in this warranty.
DWI In House Warranty Covers:
- Parts and labor costs for the repair of a manufacturing defect or fault of production, which resulted in the product malfunctioning.
- Parts and labor costs for the repair of the fault of material of the product, which resulted in the product malfunctioning.
- The warranty is valid from the date of invoice until the end of the period as stated above.
- If the product comes with a warranty card, you must keep this warranty card in a safe place. The warranty card must be presented in order to make a claim.
- It is in your best interest to make a note of your product's item number and this should be quoted in any communication with DWI.
- If the product is returned to DWI, we will endeavor to ensure the safety of your product(s) while it is in our possession. However, whilst every effort will be made to return your product (and any film, tape, or other recordable media or accessory), DWI cannot accept any liability, nor pay any compensation for the loss of a particular item. You should retain any accessories not required for the repair.
- DWI warrants this product (excluding accessories, software, consumables such as, but not limited to, toner, ink sheets, paper, and other consumables as defined by us) to be in good working order during the period of warranty. The period of warranty is the period stated above and commences on the day of invoice. The warranty is subject to proof of purchase; therefore you should retain your payment receipt (PayPal receipt/ Credit card or bank statements are valid for this purpose).
- We may choose to replace your product with a similar or higher model functional replacement if the cost of repair is not economical. In the case of the product no longer being available, we may choose to replace it with a similar product of the same or greater value. In some cases when both the product and the similar product are also no longer being available, we may offer a store credit certificate which can be used to purchase an alternative new product. These values are determined by what the values are at the time of replacement.
- You must obtain an authorisation for repair from us first. The choice of repair is subject to DWI authorization, and we may choose to specify a particular service center.
- You must inform the service center in writing if you change your address while your product is being repaired.
- You will be responsible for the cost of having the product returned to you if the fault of the product is not covered by this warranty OR if no fault is found by technicians during the inspection.
- DWI only obligation under this warranty is the provision of the service as set out above.
- You should take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your assets and property (including all software and data) and minimize potential loss or disruption, including, where appropriate, making full backups of all your software and data and implementing virus checking controls.
- The warranty is not transferable to a third party.
General exclusions as listed below but not limited to (what's NOT covered):
-Wear and tear
-Damage caused by impact, fire, theft, attempted theft, accidental or malicious damage, vandalism, acts of war or terrorism, corrosion, water contamination or ingress, frost, flooding or other adverse weather condition
-Any accidental or malicious damage
-Any damage due to exposure to moisture, dampness and extreme thermal environment condition.
-Improper usage, storage or handling of the product
-Any damage due to operating with incorrect or irregular voltage supply
-A breach of the terms and conditions of this warranty or the contract terms
-Failure to follow our written instructions for the product or those of the manufacturer
-Damage or defect due to wilful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
-Loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by the manufacturer
-Modification to the product and/or software, by someone other than our representatives
-Connection of other fittings, accessories, equipment or software to the product which was not approved by us
-External causes out of our control which may include accidents, fire disasters or burglaries
-Faults caused by shock or fall, sand, dust, dirt, dampness or corrosion, leaky batteries, repair or cleaning by unauthorized personnel
-Any malfunctions or specific requirements of any other item of hardware or software which you added to the product that was not included in the contract
-Correction of errors for any non-DWI or original manufacturer proprietary software
-Loss or damage of data
-Attaching the product to a network not approved by us, or if you have made changes to your operating or network system-
-Not installing any error correction that we issue for the software
-Use of which is not designed
-Damage Display on Screen (LCD) due to improper usage
-Non-Manufacturer defect on Lenses
-Damage due to improper packing during shipment
- For waterproof case cases, camera lens filters, flash remote, we only offer the standard 6-months warranty
- For RC toy battery, DWI only offers the standard 3-months warranty period
- For camera accessories, mobile and tablet accessories, computer accessories, games, gaming controller, audio cable, card reader, we only offer the standard 1 month warranty.
- Consumables such as films and batteries (except RC toy battery) are not covered by the warranty
- Products that are not electronic items or do not consume electricity (e.g. Bags, Lens Hoods, and audio accessories) are not covered. (Except audio cable has 1 month warranty)
- Any repaired cost of carrier related issue (e.g. SIM Card, availability, coverage, service, range etc.) of mobile phones and tablets will not be covered
- Any issues caused by the firmware or software, modification to operating system, rooted or jailbroken to the phones or tablets will not be covered
- Jewelry items are not covered by the warranty.
- Any gadgets accessories are not covered by the warranty.
- Any in box accessories are not covered by the warranty.
*Special Note for Waterproof Cases/ Casings/ Bags:
Warranty covers replacement of item in the event that water leakage occurs under proper usage within product specifications. Damages due to impact, exceeding recommended depths, etc. would void the warranty. Please be advised that the warranty offered is strictly for the purchased item only. Digital World International will not be held liable for any defects or damage on any other item(s) used in conjunction with this product.
DWI Digital Cameras will send the faulty waterproof case to the manufacturer for waterproof / pressure testing to the specifications of the product as outlined by the manufacturer. The buyer will be required to be responsible for the repair fee if the test is passed and any cost of transport as required.
*Special Note regarding Waterproof Cameras & Camcorders
- Damage caused by improper use, impact, exceeding recommended depths would void the Warranty.
- DWI Digital Cameras will not be liable for any damage on any other items used in conjunction with the product.
- DWI Digital Cameras will send the faulty camera to the manufacturer for waterproof / pressure testing to the specifications of the product as outlined by the manufacturer. The buyer will be required to be responsible for the repair fee if the test is passed and any cost of transport as required.
*Special Note regarding Sigma and Tamron lens
Any Soft Focus, Front focus and Back focus issues exceeding the manufactures specifications and guidelines which are not related to the use of the lens with a particular camera will be treated as a warranty claim in the warranty period. Any Soft Focus, Front focus, and Back focus issues which are in relation to the lenses being used with a particular camera will not be covered under the warranty / DOA policy. You should contact the lens manufacturer’s local service agent for lens recalibration is these events. DWI will not be responsible for any cost involved in these cases.
*Special Note for Waterproof Mobile Phones
The warranty does not cover defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress. Digital World International will not be held liable for any defects or damage on any other item(s) used in conjunction with this product. It is mandatory for the customers understand and use the waterproof products as per the manufacture's guidelines laid on their website/user manual. The warranty does not cover damage or defects caused by abuse or improper use of the device. The compatible accessories, including batteries, chargers, hands-free devices and micro USB cables, are not waterproof and dust-resistant on their own. Any claim on warranty for waterproof mobile phones will have inspection in place to verify if the products meet the requirement as per the guideline which had drawn by manufacturers.
*Special Note regarding DJI Quadcopters
The following conditions must be met for warranty service:
- During the warranty period, product is normally used, as intended by the manufacturer.
- No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed.
- Labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show no signs of tampering or altering;
- Valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number (DJI Direct Sales.is provided.
*Following situations are not subject to warranty service conditions:
- Crash or burning caused by non-manufacturing factors.
- Damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembling or shell opening which did not follow the instruction of official manuals.
- Damage caused by improper installation, or incorrect use or operation despite the guidance of manuals.
- Damage caused by unauthorized modification of circuit, mismatch or misuse of battery and charger.
- Damage caused by any flights which didn’t follow the instructions of the manuals.
- Damage caused by operation in bad weather (i.e. strong wind, rain, sand/dust storm, etc.)
- Damage caused by operating the unit in an electromagnetic interference environment (i.e. mining area, radio transmitting tower, high-voltage wire, substation, etc.).
- Damage caused by operating the unit in a known environment with interference with other wireless devices (i.e. transmitter, video-link, Wi-Fi signals, etc.).
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a weight greater than safe takeoff weight.
- Damage caused by forced flight when components have been aged or damaged.
- Damage caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthenticated third-party parts.
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a low charged or defective battery.
DWI Digital Cameras will not be liable for any damage on any other items used in conjunction with the product.
You will be responsible for the cost of having the product returned to you if the fault of the product is not covered by warranty OR if no fault is found by technicians during the inspection process.
*Special Note regarding DJI Quadcopters
DWI will not cover any shipping cost incurred during warranty claim of any DJI Quadcopters. You will be liable to ship the item(s) back to the warranty center and have it repaired.
**Items Outside The 1 Year Warranty Period**
Please note that you will be liable for the full return postage fee, inspection fee and the repair fee, or any other related charges that incurred if you choose to return an item outside the warranty period to DWI for any inspection or repair.